Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Visit to the ER

Don't worry, Grace is fine- she just has a couple nervous first-time parents. When I went to get Grace from her afternoon nap, I noticed she had some mini-hives all around her left eye and a few spots on her forehead. I feared she was having an allergic reaction. Mike immediately called the hospital and they told us to bring her in so they could have a look.

I tried not to worry too much on the way to the hospital. Afterall, she wasn't showing any signs of breathing difficulty, but I know that allergic reactions can sometimes progress pretty quickly, so I was still a little nervous. We were seen immediately once we got to the ER, but by the time she was getting her vitals taken, the rash/mini-hives that caused my panic had disappeared.

When the doctor got the chance to look her over, we looked like silly, first time parents for bringing her in. However, he was kind enough to assure me that should something like that happen again, we need to bring her in anyway since she's still pretty young and allergic reactions shouldn't be taken lightly. We did find out that Grace does have eczema, which I've suspected for the past couple weeks. We were given instructions to only bathe her every other day and make sure we moisturize her skin very well.

I wonder though if this whole episode was Grace's way of getting herself out of the house since Mike and I planned to spend the cloudy Saturday inside working on some house projects. My girl loves to be out and about, even if it's just a quick trip to the ER. Hopefully our next outing will be less nerve-wracking and more fun-filled.

1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

So relieved to see that all is well with precious Grace.