Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rolling

For the past week or so, Grace has been trying to roll over, but never quite making it all the way. Today she rolled over. Twice!

Lest the grandparents think I don't watch my baby carefully, let me preface the picture that I took documenting her rolling accomplishment. I was on the phone with my friend Julie while it happened and I was sitting on the floor right next to her jungle gym. I almost forgot to document and Julie had to remind me. And I know it looks like I let my child play face down on the cold, hard floor, but she was only on there long enough to snap a picture. Thank goodness I mopped the floors recently!


Mike and I tried to get her to do a repeat performance tonight when he got home from work, but she wasn't interested. Maybe tomorrow I can catch it on video for him.


The other good news of the day is that Grace was an awesome sleeper. She slept in until 10 this morning giving me a 6 hour stretch of sleep. However, I think my body thought that was too much sleep because I ended up with a sleep hangover headache. It's amazing that pre-baby, my body thought 6 hours was too little- I would be a little cranky if I only got 6 hours of sleep. And now 6 hours of sleep is a luxury my body apparently can't handle. Amazing!

0 comments: