Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Mother's Day

One year ago, Mother's Day was a bittersweet moment for me- I was able to spend it with my mom in the Philippines, but we were there because my beloved grandmother had passed away. I was also feeling down because several of my girlfriends in Virginia Beach had just given birth to their babies that spring and I was having some major baby cravings.

This year, Mother's Day holds nothing but happy moments. I am blessed with a beautiful baby of my own and a husband who dotes on us both.

We celebrated by going to the New Sanno in Tokyo with our good friends, the Blews and the Estoestas, for a Mother's Day brunch. The moms also got to do some shopping while the dads babysat. Then we went home to spend the rest of the day napping. It was a fantastic day!

My sweet girl 'presented' me with a sweet card this morning.

My pretty Mother's Day corsage.

The moms- Julie, Jojo, and me.

Trying to get all the kids to a)look at the camera and b)smile was very difficult. Here's take one...

Take two...

Take three...

Take four...

The best one we could get.



While the moms were shopping, we found cute hats and decided to buy them for each other as Mother's Day gifts. Here I am sporting mine and pretending to be a hot mama. Pretending is the key word....

2 comments:

Your Baby Daddy said...

Babe, you're not just hot, your a MILF ;o) Happy Mother's Day!

Uncle Josh said...

wow grace was one of the most behaved for the pics the whole time