Monday, May 4, 2009

Sweet Girl

When Grace was a newborn, she was adorable, but boy, was she a lot of work! Everyone with newborn baby experience kept reassuring me that things would get better. I clung to those words of encouragement, prayed for strength, and hoped for the best.

Three and a half months later, my sweet girl is just as adorable and still a lot of work. But somehow, it has gotten easier. Maybe it's just that I've gotten used to functioning on three to four hours of sleep each night. Maybe it's the support I get from my husband and my friends. Maybe it's the joy I get out of seeing her personality bloom. Maybe it's her smiles and laughter* that make my heart feel full.

Whatever it is, all the work is worth it. I just love my sweet, sweet girl!

*Grace's first official belly laugh happened Friday morning and I've been trying to get her to repeat it at every opportunity. It's still a little challenging to get her to laugh long enough, but the tiny giggles I get every once in a while are good enough for me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! my sweet princesita. Sooo cute! Can't wait till I can hold you in my arms again. Lola