Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bunco and Baseball

The wives' club that I'm a part of has a monthly Bunco game night that I like to attend, not necessarily because Bunco is my favorite game, but it's a nice group of ladies and I always manage to have a good time. However, I haven't been able to go the past few months because of a brand new baby and all.

Last night was supposed to be my first girls' night out playing Bunco with friends since Grace was born. Mike was supposed to babysit. Turns out he also had a guys' game night at the same time, in the same building, but he promised he would watch her. Long story short, the night didn't turn out as I had planned. We left game night with a furious me and a daddy who was in big trouble and getting the silent treatment.

Lesson learned- when it's my girls' night out, Mike stays home to babysit. No more dual game nights because it just doesn't work out. Notice who Grace is hanging out with in the picture. Enough said.

Today was much better though. Mike made up for last night by taking care of the baby all day long. We headed to Yokohama to take Grace to her first professional baseball game. It was a beautiful day and our team won! We ended our day with dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. I am exhausted so tomorrow will be a lazy Sunday for us. All I've got planned is church and then we're headed straight home to change back into our pajamas and relax for the rest of the day.

Waiting for the train.

Happy Grace.



Uh-oh...the lip...



In front of Landmark Tower, the tallest building in Japan.

0 comments: