Saturday, December 27, 2008

Strange Dreams

People warned me that when you're pregnant, you can have some crazy strange dreams. I had one this morning. I dreamt I was in labor and when my baby was born, the doctor showed her to me and she looked like this...



I gave birth to a Cabbage Patch doll!! How's that for crazy? I'm sure this dream was caused by my readiness to have this baby already and my recently renewed obsession with Cabbage Patch dolls.

Mike got Virginia Grace (really, me) a Cabbage Patch doll for Christmas. She's adorably cute and bald, but I know that with the both of our genes, there is no way we're going to end up with a bald baby. So I went online and found a doll that I thought would look most like our baby....a tuft of curly dark hair and brown eyes.

At least in my dream I gave birth to something cute. If my daughter does end up looking like this baby doll, I wouldn't mind- she's precious!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Go back and look at my blog with the CPK --- that baby you posted is Margy Mae Boucek! I'm still laughing 10 minutes after opening your blog! Not too much longer before you'll be too tired to dream.

Mike and Cicely said...

OMG, Julie! That is too funny- well, I guess that answers the question why that particular CPK popped up in my dream... I saw her on your blog and didn't even remember :)

I'm counting down the days. It's particularly bad because my friend who's due date was close to mine just had her baby a couple days before Christmas so now Mike and I are super anxious to have ours too!

J-mee!! said...

:) That's funny! I remember having dreams right before finding out I was pregnant. Every time I had weird dreams I knew I was pregnant! Weird, huh? I bet you are super excited!! Enjoy every moment!