Sunday, December 21, 2008

Random Happenings From the Past Week

Nothing exciting going on here lately...just getting ready for Christmas and waiting on the baby. Here are a few pictures that pretty much summarize our week.

This is how I spend my evenings now- feet propped WAY up because of severe swelling. One night, Mike was so concerned that he ended up calling the doctor, but I was instructed to just prop my feet up above heart level. Sometimes my feet get so swollen that when I walk on them, they feel like they're blistered and ready to pop. It's an odd feeling, but the propping does help.


This is my view from my propped position. At least it's pretty...


This is the reason I like to have my camera with me at all times- you never know what kind of strange and bizarre things you'll come across. In this case, it was a motorcycle gang of guys dressed up in strange costumes. At least one was festively dressed as Santa Claus...


And finally, probably my greatest accomplishment of the week- I put together the baby's hospital bag. Here's all the stuff that will be going in it. Mike picked out her going home outfit on the left. I know it's a lot of pink, but I'm a girly girl and there's no guarantee that my girl's going to end up a girly girl, so while she's still too young to make any decisions about her wardrobe, it's full on girly girl for her!

2 comments:

Bill said...

Amen to that last sentence. When people always laugh at me because my kids are always dressed up I say the same thing - there is going to come a day when they won't let me dress them...I'm going to dress them the way I want while I can!

I personally LOVE all the pink. Get ready, you could still get the comment - "Oh, he is so cute." Even if she is wearing pink from head to toe!

I'm getting so excited for you. These last few days will seem to drag, I know, but hang in there.

J-mee!! said...

Love the update! I love that you are going all pink. With Garrison I definitely did the all boy thing and with Caelyn it was girlie girl all the way! Enjoy your time and can't wait to see Virginia Grace!! :)