Thursday, December 11, 2008

My 'Last' Birthday

When my brother and I were younger and didn't have any money to buy each other birthday presents, we came up with the 'Week of Birthday Privileges' idea as our gift to each other. Basically on my birthday, and for the next 6 days, he had to do whatever I asked him- do my chores, let me have complete control of the tv remote control, fetch me snacks and drinks, etc. It was fabulous! I think one year, I was even able to convince him to give me a week of pre-birthday privileges for a total of 2 weeks of fabulousness. He's an awesome brother, I know.

I tried to implement this idea with my husband, but was quickly shot down because he said I get those kinds of privileges year round anyway.

A friend of mine told me to enjoy this birthday since this would be my 'last' one. Every birthday here on after will no longer be about me, but about the baby. How right she is. It didn't even feel like a birthday this year, but Mike helped me to celebrate anyway.

He took me out for a romantic dinner at an Italian restaurant by the beach that I've been dying to try.

My only request for my birthday was to put my 'healthy eating' on hold for a day so I could enjoy my favorite: ice cream cake!

I wanted to start a nativity set this year so Mike got me the beautiful Willow Tree set. The stable, however, was handmade by my skilled husband. It's gorgeous and I absolutely love it!

2 comments:

J-mee!! said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your special day! I wouldn't say this is your last birthday because now you'll have a little girl making you cute cards and giving you hugs and kisses on your special day!!! Enjoy!

Bill said...

Mike has been holding back on some serious skills!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! You deserved it!