Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Last Christmas I spent a lot of time cooking and cleaning preparing for a house full of friends coming over for Christmas Eve dinner AND a Christmas Day get-together. It was tons of fun, but I knew I did not have the energy for that this year.

So we decided to keep it simple this time- I prepared an intimate Christmas Eve dinner for two followed by Midnight Mass and then Mike made dinner reservations at the Officer's Club for Christmas Day.


Opening presents on Christmas Day is always fun, but this year, it was all about baby. Mike and I decided to get each other baby gifts instead of personal gifts. Here's Mike with his presents- all Virginia Tech baby stuff, of course!


But if you look very carefully, you'll see I couldn't resist getting him one personal gift. He had talked about this one Nerf machine gun type toy that he really wanted and I scoffed and made fun of him for wanting a TOY. But in the end, I realized that all men are really just young boys in disguise and if something as little as that could make him happy for Christmas, then so be it....

Here are some of my presents. I got a few personal gifts too- The Twilight series of books that I've been dying to read, a cute Vera Bradley bag, and an iPod docking station. The Cabbage Patch is supposed to be for Grace, but in reality, it's really a mommy gift too. I LOVED my Cabbage Patch dolls and I'm hoping Grace will love hers as much as I loved mine.

We had a lovely Christmas this year, but we both look forward to next year when we can celebrate Christmas not just as a couple, but as a family of three!

1 comments:

J-mee!! said...

Looks like you two had fun! Love the "baby" gifts! We stayed in Texas this year! And even though we missed all our family and friends we made the most of it!! We had steak and shrimp for our Christmas Dinner and just watched basketball and played with Christmas presents!