Sunday, November 23, 2008

Shy Girl

When I imagine what my baby will look like, I try to combine the best features that Mike and I have. My hair, his eyes and eyelashes, my eye brows (not that mine are particularly nice, but his on a girl would be a tragedy), neither of our noses, but her Aunt Megan's would be lovely, and it's a toss up on the lips. With the 3D/4D ultrasound technology available today, I thought for sure I'd be able to get a sneak preview.

Unfortunately, I seem to have a shy girl.

Despite the copious amounts of cold water I drank, the gentle prodding of the Japanese technician, the shimmy-shake I tried to do to get her to change positions, and the sweet coaxing of her daddy with "Come on, Sweetheart", Virginia Grace just refused to give us a good picture of her face. She also seemed none too pleased that we were trying to get a peek at her, as evidenced by one of the last pictures we got. Watch the video to see what I'm talking about. Although I have a shy girl, apparently, she's a shy girl with some attitude.

A big thank you goes out to our friend, Yoko, who graciously took time out of her Saturday to bring us to the Japanese clinic in Yokohama and served as our translator.



And although I don't enjoy getting my picture taken anymore now that the baby fat is no longer just in the belly area, I figure I should continue to document it all- the good, the bad, and the ugly- until the very end since I've already started. So here it is... me at 31 weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video is beautiful!! Mom, Dad, and I were watching it with all smiles!


Love,Aunt Megan << =]

Bill said...

Those 4D u/s are so cool.

You look awesome. Love your sweater. That color is great on you.

Not too much longer!

Sharen said...

Thanks for sharing the video! Love the captions and everything else! :)