Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Nursery: Cherry Blossoms Galore!


One of the drawbacks of being pregnant and having a baby in a foreign country is the lack of cute and readily available maternity and baby items. I thought putting together a beautiful nursery would be impossible. I was resigned to the fact that my baby wouldn't get a pretty room until after we moved back to the U.S. and I could freely roam a Target and Babies'r'Us. Sure, there's online shopping, but I'm a tactile person. I like to touch things and feel how soft they'll be. I want the option to buy something, take it home to see if it works out, and if not, return it. With online shopping, I had to take a gamble on some things and pray that they would work out because returning things from this side of the world is too much of a hassle, not to mention expensive.

Luckily, everything has worked out pretty well. My worries were all for naught. Despite the challenges, and with the help of my awesome husband, I was able to put together the baby girl nursery of my dreams- EVEN in Japan. The theme for Virginia Grace's nursery is cherry blossoms. She is, afterall, going to be a 'Japanese' baby.



4 comments:

Bill said...

I love that you already have bows ready! And the nursery is just adorable. Perfect for a precious little baby girl! Now the waiting begins...(and this is the long part). Enjoy your time as just the two of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Mike! It looks beautiful! lz
ps. I'd have been a bit skeptical myself, Cicely. Keep the projects coming. He IS handy!

J-mee!! said...

I love it! Looks like you guys are all ready!!! :) How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Grace is so lucky to have an amazing room like that!

Love, Megan