Thursday, November 25, 2010

So Thankful

We may have had our Thanksgiving meal on the ship, hence the lovely school tray culinary presentation, but we still have plenty to be thankful for.

If you ask Grace what she's thankful for, she'll tell you, "Santa brings you presents!" (Hey, if I was a year old, that would be my number one, too!)

If you ask Mike what he's thankful for, he might say he's thankful that he didn't have to work today. Although he DID check his email when we were on the ship.

If you ask me, I'd tell you I was thankful that we were all together today. It's such a rarity these days so I definitely cherish any family time we get.

Because I got a reprieve on cooking a full out Thanksgiving meal, I wanted to at least whip up some dessert to enjoy while we pulled out the Christmas decorations. It was a wonderful way to end our Thanksgiving day.

My assistants had to run out to Walmart and get a last minute ingredient for me.

Checking on the chocolate chip cookies.

Thanks to Uncle Dave, Grace learned her very first cuss word phrase. He was helping Mike move a chair down the stairs when he inadvertently said it, not knowing little Miss Copycat was right behind him. After which she immediately copied him. Several times. It's okay, Dave, she was bound to hear it sometime in her life.

She had a blast helping me decorate the tree. We'll see how long the decorations actually stay on the tree since she has a hard time keeping her hands off them.

1 comments:

Meagan said...

Lots to be thankful for indeed! I'm glad y'all had a such a good holiday.

Ya know, Krista's first word was actually 's#@t!'. She fell and hit her head, then rubbed her head and very loudly exclaimed her first word. We, of course, had a house slap full of people. It wasn't my finest moment.