Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chick-Fuh-Way

I craved it so bad when we lived in Japan. We've eaten there many, many times since we've been back stateside. In fact, it's our go-to place when Mike is at work and I don't feel like making dinner. Whenever Grace wants chicken nuggets and fries, it's a given that she's talking about this place.

But tonight was the first time she actually said the name of my favorite fast food place. Mike was with Farrah and I was in no mood to try and make dinner, especially since it's always hit or miss whether Grace will eat it or not.

So as we were walking back to the car after an impromptu trip to Target, I asked her what she wanted to eat for dinner. Not surprisingly, she answered chicken nuggets and french fries. Then she kept chanting 'Chick-fuh-way, Chick-fuh-way' and became increasingly agitated when I couldn't figure out what she was saying, and was refusing to get strapped into her car seat until I understood what she was talking about.

It finally dawned on me that she was saying 'Chick-fil-a'. Silly me! I don't know why it took me so long to understand what was so obvious, but after I reassured her that we were headed there as soon as I could get her seat belt on, she was the very model of an obedient child.


These were the best pictures I managed to take today. It is so hard to get her to a)stand still, b)look at the camera, and c) smile- much less do all three at once.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

A girl after my own heart. We love us some Chick-Fuh-Way up here, too!

Meagan said...

Oh how this family misses us some Chick-Fuh-Way!