Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Magical Flower?


I'm officially at term and according to our baby ticker, I have only 17 days left before we get to meet our baby girl. Under normal circumstances, I consider myself a very patient person. I mean, I was formerly a middle school teacher- enough said. But being 9 months pregnant and 2 weeks away from my due date has zapped all the patience out of me. I want to meet my baby NOW!

I'm at weekly doctor's appointments and my last one a couple days ago showed no signs of labor happening, but I did get some good tips on how to encourage my cervix to "ripen".

1. Take Evening Primrose Oil

2. Drink red raspberry leaf tea

3. Because my parents read this, you'll have to guess at the last one.
Let's just say my husband was enthusiastic about the last tip.

I couldn't find any red raspberry leaf tea and I'm too tired for #3, so I'm hoping the Evening Primrose oil will do the trick. I found it in the vitamin section and it's in gel capsule form so very easy to deal with.

My wish is that this magical flower oil will be just the thing so that when I walk into my appointment next Wednesday, I'll be sent straight to the Labor and Delivery ward. Knowing my luck, probably not, but a girl can hope, can't she?

On another note, please pray for our friends, The Boucek Family, as their little baby boy is sick right now. It's kidney related, but unfortunately they are still in the process of trying to figure out exactly what seems to be ailing little Trent. Please pray for strength for their family and a quick and painless recovery for baby Trent.

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Thanks for the prayer call. We go in for the first big test tomorrow at 9 a.m. I'll keep y'all posted.

NOW, on to happy things....girl, I feel you. It seems those last three weeks are longer than the whole rest of the pregnancy. One day seems like a month! But, she will be here before you know it, and all that waiting will be a distant memory.

I can't WAIT to see pics.

Julie, the mama said...

I have had two planned c-sections so I don't know for sure, BUT I have heard that #3 works.

Anonymous said...

Number 3. Haha

Lori said...

Both Sarah and Matt Jr. came before I was ready. My last day of work when I was pregnant with Sarah was 12 days before my due date and I had all these plans for those days - haircut, pedicure, massage, watching movies and naps. On Saturday, Uncle Matt and I went to a baby CPR class and put the finishing touches on the nursery. Then we went to his parents for dinner because Anne and John and the kids were in town. My water broke at 4am Sunday morning - 11 days early. Matt Jr. came four weeks early but I had bled from a tear behind the placenta since week 8 of the pregnancy so we were blessed that he held on that long. I had been on pelvic rest though so was way behind on cleaning and I cleaned like a madwoman the hours before I went into labor (I won't go into the TMI details but I knew it was going to be soon) BUT I have heard that eating eggplant parmesan (made with fresh herbs) will often start labor. If you like it, it can't hurt to have Mike make it for dinner. :)