Friday, January 23, 2009

More Gifts for My Considerate Baby

Mom arrived safe and sound last night bearing more gifts for Virginia Grace from both grandmas and a couple family members. This girl's wardrobe has now officially grown larger than both of her parents combined- and she's not even born yet!

Yes, that's right...she's still warm in cozy in her mama's belly. Despite some promising looking 'bloody show' (again, sorry for TMI) and uncomfortable cramping/contractions that had me up at 3am this morning, my doctor's appointment today had me at only 3 cm dilated with contractions happening every 10 minutes.

I was instructed to walk around and come back when the contractions were 5 minutes apart. So mom and I walked around a nearby shopping mall to try and get things going. We only succeeded in making the contractions more intense, but not any closer together. Finally, jetlag caught up with mom so we ended up going home and taking a nap.

I called a friend to vent about the lack of progress and she pointed out that Virginia Grace is only giving grandma a chance to get rid of some jetlag. Afterall, if I ended up going into labor today, my mom would not have gotten any rest! What a great perspective and it's nice to know I have such a sweet considerate baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Grace might have to have two closets for all of her clothes! I hope you liked the bag, shoes, and socks I gave her :)

Julie, the mama said...

Wow! All the pink is just so hard to resist. Can't wait to see pictures of the sweet girl wearing all of that stuff!