Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stinky Face and Selective Hearing

I don't know if it's an official 6 month milestone, but it is for my girls- the making of the 'stinky face'.  A couple of days ago, Claire mastered this new little trick where she scrunches up her nose and makes sniffing sounds whenever you say, "Stinky face!"  Grace used to do the exact same thing at the exact same age.  It cracks me up! 

Most days, it's very bittersweet to  see how quickly my baby is growing up, but I have to admit that this  phase of babyhood is so much fun. 

My other baby is also going through a little phase.  The 'selective hearing' phase.  You can whisper about going to Chick-fil-a or eating a candy treat and she will hear you just fine.  But you ask her to do something like clean her playroom and all of a sudden, she can't hear you. 

One day Grace got in trouble for not listening- we were getting ready to leave the house and she walked out the front door after I told her to wait because I was still strapping the baby into the carrier. 

Afterward, she came to me and apologized for not listening.  I told her she needed to make sure she always had her listening ears on. 

"I do, but I think they're buried in my hair, Mama." 

Sometimes it's so very hard to keep a straight face when you're trying to discipline 3 year olds.  They say the funniest things!

Sweet girl making her daddy some lunch.
She even peeled his orange for him.





0 comments: