Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Halloween


Claire was a pink parrot for her first Halloween.  It was Grace's special request since Grace wanted to be a pirate and every pirate needs a parrot.  And if you're a pirate princess like Grace, not any parrot will do.  It MUST be a pink parrot.

So I scoured the internet for a pink parrot costume that I could buy.  No luck.  Next I searched Etsy.  Too expensive.  Finally I went through Pinterest for ideas on how to make one.  I compiled a few ideas and gathered my materials. 

That was about a month ago.  I started on her costume the day before Halloween.  Nothing like some good old procrastination.

I finished the costume by powering through a crying baby during the day and staying up until two in the morning.  Considering Claire only wore the costume for a total of about fifteen minutes and could not have cared less what I put her in, I felt a little crazy for going through all the trouble. 

But Grace was ecstatic that she had her pink parrot sidekick.  And that parrot was pretty darn cute, so in the end, I guess it was worth it after all.

Getting ready to start on the parrot costume with my two 'helpers'.
This little 'helper' didn't enjoy that I was preoccupied with her costume and couldn't hold her all day long.

My Pirate Princess only trick-or-treated for half an hour before calling it quits. 
Happy Halloween!
"Arrrgh, matey!" 




1 comments:

Schinter said...

claire is the cutest pink parrot ever,and grace the cutest pirate.
why did she quit after just half an hour?maybe she got enough candy lol.
love all the pictures.