Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Lights, Treats, and the Chipmunks

That's pretty much what we've been up to the past couple of days. We drove around and looked at the Christmas lights, we made special treats for our friends and neighbors, and we watched the new Chipmunk movie.

All of it fun. Except for maybe the movie. I didn't think it was possible to fall asleep to a Chipmunk movie with all the singing and dancing done in chipmunk voices that, now that I'm older, I find annoying instead of cute. But I totally took a little nap in the middle until Mike woke me up to ask me if I was okay. But Grace absolutely loved it, and I suppose that's all that counts.




All was going well with the gingerbread decorating until the Grinch song came on. Grace is terrified of it and leaped from her seat and straight into her daddy's arms.

I put her in charge of peeling the Hershey kisses and putting the chocolates in a bowl. I stepped away for a minute and when I went back to check on her progress, I noticed that there were a bunch of wrappers, but only a few chocolates in the bowl. The girl was busy eating our key ingredient for our neighbors' treats! I made sure to supervise the candy peeling from that point on.

She said Simon is her favorite chipmunk. I'm okay with that since he's the smart and responsible one. I hope her taste in boys don't change!

0 comments: