Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Honey-do List

Finish baby proofing the kitchen. Check. Install my pantry organizers. Check. Take down and put away the Christmas decorations. Check. Spend lots of quality family time together. Check.

This was our last weekend before Mike deploys for seven months so we made sure we were never apart for a single moment. Mike worked on his honey-do list, I tried to hold it together and managed to stop myself from crying every time I thought about how long Mike will be away from us, and Grace was oblivious to it all and kept us laughing with her usual shenanigans- making a huge mess wherever she went and practicing all her new tricks, "beautiful eyes" and "flying kiss".

I know this week is going to fly by and there is probably something that I forgot to add to the honey-do list and so will remain undone until Mike gets back, but I will try to focus on the present and enjoy the time we have left.







1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

You and I will both be hoping the next 7 months flies by! :-)