Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Woman on a Mission

The dreary weather continued today, but Grace and I braved the drizzles because I was a woman on a mission. My goal was to find our holiday outfits because we need to get our family portrait done soon. I had to find Grace's dress first. After all, she is the star and her daddy and I are only the background.

Apparently, I've waited too long. I scoured the mall but all the cute dresses were no longer available in her size. I remembered seeing a dress I liked at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago and I was sure that would be gone too. But I stopped by TJ Maxx anyway and, luckily, the dress was still there. And in her size.

Once Grace had her dress, back to the mall I went, this time dragging Mike with me so we could shop for our outfits. I found a blouse on sale that would make a good background for Grace, but my picky husband couldn't find anything he liked. So I decided he would just have to wear one of his suits.

Mission accomplished!

We met Mike for lunch and this is a shot of daddy 'watching' his baby girl. While she grabs a napkin off the table and eats it.

Everyone always says that Grace is my mini-me, but I think daddy and daughter look alike in this picture. I love the look of determination on both their faces- Daddy determined to take the napkin away and Grace determined to keep it.

My little dressing room companion.

0 comments: