Monday, November 16, 2009

I Never Thought

When I married a Navy man, I knew my life would be forever changed, but I was willing to go along for the adventure. But I never thought...

I'd put my baby to sleep in a bathroom,
I'd be on my hands and knees scraping glue off the floor,

eat pizza cut by a utility knife, or take extra spoons from Arby's in order to feed our child her baby food.
This weekend gave a whole new definition to the term 'roughing it'. We're still in the process of fixing up Mike's former bachelor pad so that it'll be ready to be our family home. In the meantime, whenever we're in Jacksonville, we're basically living in a construction zone. Couple that with the fact that we don't have any of our stuff yet and we might as well be camping. We even sleep on an air mattress!

But despite all these challenges, I'm still glad I came along for the ride. Mike and I are having a good old time and can thankfully find humor in all this craziness.
We accomplished our goal of getting Grace's room finished so the poor child won't have to stay in the bathroom anymore.


MONDAY


She had a great time crawling in and out of the duffel bag this morning.

A quick nap before heading out to the zoo.

But when we got to the zoo, all she was interested in was trying to eat the leaves.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Love this post. So true. These boys are sure keeping it exciting for us!

The place looks nice. Can't wait to see the After pics.

Joannemay said...

Cicely, I CANNOT WAIT to see Grace's finished room. I love the paint and the flooring. HA HA! We had faux wood vinyl flooring in our first house and people thought was was real. I love that shade of green. Mya's first room was lime green. Hey, so I know you blog for the Grandparents, but I like it when you post often, so keep posting! The Esto's