Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quickest Meal Ever

After a busy day of appointments for all the girls- doctor's appointments for me and Grace and a maintenance check up for Ruby the Volvo- Mike and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner at PF Chang's. I was looking forward to enjoying some chicken lettuce wraps and Mongolian beef. It had been a long time since I've had some PF Chang's.

Grace, however, had a different agenda. Usually when we're out and about, I glow with delight when people compliment my well behaved child. Tonight, I cringed with embarrassment as my daughter threw her food all over the floor and shrieked and cried at the top of her lungs whenever I tried to move utensils and plates away from her to prevent them from crashing to the floor. Even my fail-safe method of nursing to calm her down did nothing to stop the madness.

Before our meal was brought out, we were already asking for the check. And once the food arrived, I couldn't choke it down fast enough. All I wanted to do was get out of there because I could feel the eyes of our fellow diners staring over in our direction and judging us as bad parents with no control over their child. I knew they had to be thinking, "You shouldn't be taking your baby out to a restaurant if you know they can't behave." And with my apologetic smiles, I was trying to convey that this is the first time she's behaved like this. Honest.

Our entire time at the restaurant, from the time we walked in to the time we were headed back to the car, lasted a grand total of 35 minutes. I've spent more time at a Taco Bell! Maybe our days of leisurely meals at nice restaurants are over. But I'm hoping tonight was just a fluke. Still, I'm a little nervous to try again any time soon. Perhaps we need to just stick to Chick-fil-a for a while.


Grace had her 9 month check up today. This is before her shots...

And this is after...

Enjoying the Mall of Georgia.

Grace gets lots of comments about her full head of hair, but one down side to that is this- major bird's nest tangles!

2 comments:

Lola said...

Everybody have their moment, baby or adult. She is still a well behaved baby. About the hair, it's time for Johnson and Johnson's Detangles Spray. Beware, she might want to do it herself.

Unknown said...

Whatever, it happens to everyone at one time or another. At least you were conscious about it. Other parents just let their kid do whatever. Next time I'll just pick up the PFChangs to go and bring it over! :)