Monday, November 2, 2009

A Walker Fiasco



When I woke up this morning and saw sunshine, I knew Grace and I would have a great day. We could take a morning walk around the neighborhood, play in the little park, take a long nap, and then maybe even go to Target for a little shopping.

But this is how it really went: Grace woke up cranky. I loaded her up into the stroller anyway and went for a walk. The sunshine hid behind the clouds during most of our walk. The play equipment in the park was wet so she couldn't really play on anything. There was absolutely no napping no matter how many times I tried to put her down for one, and consequently, my shopping trip to Target was cut short because she was in such a bad mood from the sleep deprivation.

By the end of the day, I was exhausted. When I put Grace down for the night, she was still a little restless, but I was off duty since Mike was done studying for the evening. I was relaxing in the bedroom when he went in to check on her in the living room. The next thing I know, I see Mike running towards me with Grace's walker in his hands- the walker lighting up and blaring a loud musical jingle.

He knew I had a rough day so he was trying to help me out by cleaning up the living room for me. Little did he know that the walker would light up and play music when he moved it.

Of course, Grace woke up with all the commotion and we were back to square one. All we could do was laugh. Parenthood is anything but boring, that's for sure.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of those times that I feel bad for getting gifts that make sounds when you move it...sorry about that. But she just liked it so much...I just had to.