Sunday, August 23, 2009

See You Next Week

You'd think we'd be used to Mike's leaving us for work trips by now. We are a Navy family afterall. But it's still difficult. I'd say even more so now with a baby in the mix. Thankfully it's only for a week.

After dropping Mike off, Grace and I made a quick grocery run and then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to nap. Mike checked in with us before he boarded the plane and informed us he got upgraded to business class. Why doesn't that kind of stuff ever happen to me? Maybe it was his outfit. He did look pretty snazzy and business-like.

My mom flies in on Wednesday and we're counting down the days. I'm so excited I can't stand it! She's only staying for a week and a half, but I'll take what I can get because she's so busy these days. I know Josh is looking forward to her cooking again since apparently I cook "too healthy" for him. And we rarely eat white rice around here, much to his dismay.

1 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

I need to steal some of Michael's luck haha