Saturday, August 22, 2009

How Do You Like Japan?

Before he came to Japan, I warned Josh that there would be quite bit of walking when we went out sightseeing. You walk to the train stations, you walk through the train stations, and you walk pretty much everywhere else you need to go. He said he was cool with it.

Today he got a real taste of what I was talking about. We took him to Yokohama and had lunch at Hard Rock. Afterwards we went walking around to take in the sights. I didn't think to take a picture of him after an hour or so of walking around in the hot afternoon sun, but the expression on his face was pretty much the opposite of what it is in the first picture on the train.

So, Josh, how do you like Japan now?

He found himself a souvenir at Hard Rock- another set of drumsticks. Fabulous. Add that to the two sets he brought with him. I've since had to confiscate the drumsticks, AKA annoying noisemakers or baby wakers, several times, and I warned him that the set he bought today is not to be opened until he gets back to Virginia Beach.

Jojo and baby Jasmine hung out with us this afternoon and we're so glad they did. I discovered a couple new shopping spots, thanks to Jojo- the queen of shopping and deals. Here we are posing with the mannequin at Hard Rock. Jojo's got her hot mama pose down good! Me- definitely still a work in progress.

The only picture of my sweet baby from today. I think the heat of the afternoon made me sluggish in taking lots of pictures. This one was from breakfast this morning. I broke up some vegetable puffs for her and here she is with a look of intense concentration- eyebrows furrowed, lips pursed- as she attempts to pick them up.

0 comments: