Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sorry About the Gaps

I know we've been pretty bad about updating the blog on a regular basis, but honestly, there hasn't been much going on that seemed blog-worthy. But for the 1 or 2 people who do check our blogs out regularly, here's a quick recap of the uneventful things that have been going on...

Friday night, I was feeling sick so Mike had to go to a Hail and Farewell Party without me. Afterwards, I sent him out to McDonald's to get me a Big Mac. I assumed he understood that I wanted the whole meal. He comes home with JUST the Big Mac, minus the fries, and I burst into tears. Dang these hormones!

Saturday we took a day trip to go to Yokota in order to pick up some plaque that Mike needed to order for work. It took us three and a half hours to get there because of the ever present Japanese traffic. They didn't have the plaque he needed, but we did end up buying baby caps, mittens, and a whole bunch of candy to eat on the way home. We stopped by a pet store where I fell in love with a chocolate lab puppy and Mike wanted to bring home a corgi puppy. If only we could....

Sunday was church followed by a grocery trip. I'm starting to feel so much better that I'm able to cook dinner again! I planned out our week's menu that includes: Balsamic glazed salmon with brown rice pilaf and roasted asparagus, Black bean pork and zucchini with fried rice, Sizzling shrimp with corn relish, and Pepper beef with steamed rice. Mike is very grateful he's not on dinner duty anymore.

Monday through Wednesday were lazy days...I stayed home, cleaned out the guest bedroom closet to make room for all of the quickly accumulating baby stuff, read a 'guilty pleasure' novel, and surfed ebay for any cute baby clothes. Mike is regretting the day he taught me how to work the ebay thing as I'm a little addicted to it right now...

See? I told you nothing particularly blog-worthy, but there you have it in case you were curious. I'll try to make my next blog a little more exciting, but no promises...

1 comments:

Bill said...

I can so relate to the McDonald's story.

So glad you are feeling better. Even more glad that you and Mike can't get a dog. Remember what you ended up with the last time you got a dog...