Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Down to the Double Digits

A few months ago, my dearest friend, Michelle, recommended putting a pregnancy ticker (see left) on the blog so people would know how much longer I had to go. When I first put it up, I was at 180-some days to go. It seemed like forever. But the little baby has been steadily moving to the right and I fear will soon fall off the ticker. We're down to the double digits now! Sunday marked our 27th week, which didn't seem so scary until we looked at it this way....only 13 more weeks till our due date!

Our baby preparation has kicked into high gear. We got the last of the baby furniture, her dresser, a couple days ago and Mike has kindly put it together already. Her nursery is coming together and I just have a couple more finishing touches before it's complete.


I'm also working my way through the library of baby books we have to prepare us for life with a baby. Hopefully whatever these books don't cover, my mom and girlfriends with babies will be able to help me out.

In just a few days, I'll officially be in my 3rd trimester. I feel like I say this every time I do a baby update, but I can't believe how quickly it's all going by. I want to relish this time of being pregnant and all the excitement that comes along with it because I'll only get to experience it a few precious times, God willing, and I want to enjoy every single moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Baby Grace is almost here!

-"Aunt Megan"

Bill said...

This is such an exciting time. You'll be so busy with Grace the next time you are pregnant that you will barely remember you are pregnant. Enjoy these last 13 weeks!

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!