Wednesday, February 13, 2008

HOOAH!!!!


...as opposed to the USMC's 'HOORAH' or the Navy SEAL 'HOOYAH'; 'HOOAH' is the Army's simple word that can be used for anything - but most importantly, a motivational response from us trainees to anything the Drill Seargents ask of us. This is a picture of myself and a couple of my fellow LT's in our full 'Battle Rattle', which include's our IBA (Improved Body Armor) and ACH (Advanced Combat Helmet) - although it's an extra thirty lbs of stuff, its protection is well worth the extra effort to move and breathe!


I know I said that we were going to shoot today, but that's another thing I'm getting used to here in the Army - the constant change and general lack of concrete decisions. Today consisted of M-16 firing position training (seen here) and firing electronic M-16's on a simulator - kinda like an adult version of the old Nintendo game 'Duck Hunt'.


Here is one of the Drill Seargents giving pistol training. Tomorrow is the day that we all get to actually put rounds downrange - finally!




Sorry ladies - this sexy sailor-soldier's taken; yes, I do make the Army look good!

3 comments:

Mike and Cicely said...

I love how modest my husband is! ;-)

Be careful out there! All those guns make me nervous.

Bill said...

I agree with Cicely! Be careful!

Your blogs are quite entertaining, and your pictures are good. Perhaps if this doesn't work out for you, you could apply to be the Photog on a Navy ship.

Anonymous said...

"Sexy Sailor-Soldier??" Gross.


-Little Sister