Sunday, February 10, 2008

Band of Bloggers


Ok all, since my wife started me off by posting the pics of me and the family, here's the first deployment blog entry by yours truly. I arrived here at Camp McCrady in Ft Jackson, SC on Saturday and have settled in a bit. We've been briefed on Army terminology, and a couple of key differences in procedures between the Army and the Navy.

Here's the entrance to my barracks - the first big shift in paradigm for me was the open bay living. We're all officers in here, though.

Here's the inside of the barracks. It's pretty convenient; decent rack to sleep in, desks at the foot of every rack, a lounge area, and even Wi-Fi! That's probably the best thing here - everyone has a laptop. A bunch of them have seen Cicely's and my blog, and are starting their own!

Well, the day's over, and it's time for us sailors to do what we do best - hit the rack!

1 comments:

Bill said...

Oh, I'm going to love your updates. Thanks for taking the time to give us a glimpse of your life.