Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back Home

On our way back home to Jacksonville, Grace and I took a little detour and met Mike at UNC. It was only a three hour drive from Virginia Beach so it was nice that I didn't have to drive the whole twelve hours back by myself. While we were there, Mike checked out the school and Grace and I drove around and looked at neighborhoods and shopped.
All dressed up for school! When Mike told her he was going to school, Grace said, "Okay, Daddy, you can borrow my bookbag, but you'll need your own soon."

I said I would never buy Grace light up shoes, but she spotted these at a shoe store, immediately insisted on trying them on, twirled and twirled, and pretty pleased me until I just couldn't resist.

Grace is back at ballet and she and the rest of the students are busy practicing for their Christmas performance. I was afraid that taking a month off would leave her woefully behind the rest of the girls, but she seems to be catching up just fine.

The weather has cooled and we can sometimes wear our fall outfits! Thank goodness!

And because we've been enjoying fall-like weather- for Florida that means temperatures in the mid 70's instead of the upper 90's- we went to a farm to enjoy some fall festivities.



4 comments:

Michael said...

Love all the pictures!

Lola said...

We are excited you are back to blogging again!

Meagan said...

So glad you're back! Looks like y'all have been having lots of fun.

Julie, the mama said...

I always get so tickled when I see our military boys in "real" dress up clothes! Mike sure looks handsome. UNC is an AWESOME school, and the quality of life is equally as good, I hear.

I had to eat a slice of humble pie on the light up shoes, too.