Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Now Hear This...

This morning we had a 'do-over' of our appointment from a couple weeks ago. We weren't quite comfortable with our first doctor so we switched to a nurse midwife. The policy here is that if you're not a high risk pregnancy, you don't get the one and only OB doctor they have at the hospital. You get a family practitioner. But after our experience with the FP, we decided to try and fight for another option. So we ended up with our nurse midwife, who is amazing! I feel much more comfortable with her and she was able to explain things to me, a nervous first time pregnant woman, in a way that didn't frighten me half to death.

So after giving us some peace of mind on all my pregnancy concerns, she let us listen to the baby's heartbeat. In the video, I look completely frightened, but I wasn't. I was only afraid of moving the wrong way and missing out on the baby's heartbeat. Mike and I were pretty excited to hear that sound.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cool! I almost cried! - lz

Bill said...

Very cool. I did cry.

Anonymous said...

Mom and I thought that was pretty cool =] For some reason Mom thinks it's a boy..

-Mom and Megan

Judy said...

How cool is that? gotta love technology!!! Can't wait to find out what you are having...take care..Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey Ate and Mike its Josh. So i watched the heartbeat video once more and I just heard Mike's "its a boy" remark. Man I can't believe that i'm a real uncle now. so anywho call me sometime and lets alk about if you are going to stay with us in Virginia Beach for a month. <3 <3 <3