Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby Bump Update and Unfulfilled Cravings

First, here's another glimpse of the bump. It's still pretty small, and this picture was taken after dinner so most of the 'bump' is probably just the roast chicken and corn that I ate. I can't believe how quickly it's going by though....it's already been a month and a half since we found out we're expecting.

I'm now 13 weeks along and since the middle of week 12, I've noticed a decrease in my nausea and bouts of sickness. I'm being cautiously optimistic that things have taken a turn for the better in that department. It's been so nice to be able to eat for a change. And with the renewed appetite come some pretty serious cravings. This weekend, it was Egg McMuffins and hash browns for breakfast. Unfortunately, despite the valiant effort of my husband to fulfill those cravings, it was not meant to be. Saturday, he found out that the McDonald's in our town went out of business and by the time he drove to the one on base, they were no longer serving breakfast. Then this morning, we left the house extra early in order to get a McMuffin before church, but we were 10 minutes too late! I felt like crying, but had to stop myself because I didn't want to admit that I was crying over an Egg McMuffin.

I made up for my dissatisfaction during our grocery run at the commissary later that afternoon. I filled the cart with anything that struck my fancy. This included pizza rolls, mint chocolate chip ice cream, Milano cookies, frozen Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits, Eggo blueberry waffles, chocolate pudding, and MUG root beer. Don't worry, there was some fresh fruit in there too, but man! It's nice to be able to eat again. I'll try to make healthier food choices during my next grocery trip.

1 comments:

Bill said...

I've never even heard of a McDonald's going out of business.

So glad you are feeling better. Hope all of your future cravings get fulfilled!

By the way, your husband is super sweet to go out in search of an open McDonald's!