Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July


It's been a few years since I went out to see fireworks on the 4th of July. I love America and like to think of myself as patriotic, but insane crowds, lack of parking, and standstill traffic usually prevent me from venturing out. Add a 5 month old baby to that mix and forget it!

But this being Grace's first 4th of July, I knew I had to get over those issues and take her to see the fireworks.

Turns out I had nothing to worry about. It was still insanely crowded, but we found a good parking spot, an even better viewing spot, and with all the extra hands from family, even bringing a baby out was a breeze. In fact, the only problem we had was trying to keep Grace awake long enough so she could see the display.

What a wonderful way to spend Independence Day. Happy 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day! We miss you, Daddy!

Practicing her new trick with Aunt Megan.



Don't sleep yet, Baby!

This video is for Daddy who couldn't be with us to watch Grace's reaction to her first fireworks. She wasn't scared of them, but she wasn't thrilled with them either. I think she was just too sleepy for any kind of real emotion. She was still darn cute though.

1 comments:

Daddy said...

Happy Independence Day Grace! Having been all over the world, I'm so thankful you'll grow up an American! Love you!