Saturday, October 8, 2011

Flower Girl

We were honored when a dear friend and Mike's childhood buddy, Laura, asked if Grace could be the flower girl for her wedding. I was a little nervous about how she would do because while Grace is usually very friendly and social, she does have her moments of shyness.

Turns out I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Everything went beautifully. Grace did her job well. The bride was absolutely stunning. The wedding and reception was a blast. So much so that Grace fell asleep right before the cutting of the cake.

It was a whirlwind weekend of wedding festivities that took me two full days to recover from, but we were so happy to be able to witness the marriage of such a special couple. Congratulations, Laura and Ian!




Yes, I am pregnant and, yes, that is an alcoholic beverage in my hand. No, I was not drinking- I was holding it for the bride. Just wanted to clarify. For those who don't know, even if I wasn't pregnant, I couldn't drink. I'm allergic. Yes, to alcohol.

Tearing it up on the dance floor.

Taking her flower petal throwing duty very seriously.

This might be my favorite picture from the evening- she was running around the dance floor trying to catch all the bubbles while the newlyweds danced their first dance.

All tuckered out! Who says being a flower girl is easy?

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Grace makes a beautiful flower girl!!

Anonymous said...

love, Love, LOVE these photos! Thanks for sharing them, Cicely! And thanks to Grace for being the best Flower Girl a bride could ask for! Words can not express how special it was to have her in our wedding. Many thanks, and lots of love, Laura