Monday, August 27, 2007

A Day on the Water


We've been trying to schedule a day out on the boat for a few weeks now and we finally got our chance on Saturday. The weather was perfect- plenty of sunshine, but not too hot and humid, as it's been for the past month and a half. Mike was the captain, and I was his lookout guy...as in "Look out for that ship!" or "Look out for that oncoming boat!" Actually, he was a very good driver. I just get really nervous whenever I'm out in the open water. But there were times when we'd be going fast and hit a wave and the boat would go up, and then inevitably down again, which would make me scream and consequently get nasty harbor water in my mouth from the resulting splash. Still...it was good times...

Here's the boating guy helping us out because our motor wouldn't start at first. He also had to teach Mike how to start the boat because of all the things they taught him in the boating class, they failed to teach him how to do that...

Lynn and I enjoying the ride. Check out Colin's coffee in the background! Boating on a summer day with a cup of hot coffee- that's a combination I wouldn't have thought of...

Some of the sights... A fishing boat and a really big scary-looking ship.









Monkey Island- not sure why it's called that, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any monkeys roaming around...

1 comments:

Bill said...

I'm glad Mike had a good lookout guy. That one ship looked mighty scary!