Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bon Voyage


We are so excited about our life in Japan, and the only bittersweet aspect of this adventure was saying goodbye to all of our family and friends. We are blessed to have such wonderful and supportive people in our lives and they will be sorely missed. What will I do without my circle of friends, my 'sisters'? You have always been there for me and a simple thank you for your friendship doesn't seem like enough.


And what of my brothers who have been my hangout buddies, my constant companions? I will treasure my memories of our bowling trips, DVD watching marathons, and my kicking your butts as we played Fusion Frenzy and Project Gotham Racing on Carl's XBox. I expect regular calls and updates on everything going on in your lives.

However difficult goodbyes can be, my consolation is in the fact that this isn't a permanent goodbye. We won't be so far away forever. And, of course, everyone is invited for a visit!

Alright everyone, now that my better half has spoken, let me do 'my part'.....before we left Virginia, our last two weeks were packed with get togethers with family and friends, and of course, packing out and closing on our house. Here are a few more events we took part in before we left...

Thanks to my parents for letting us crash at your house - again.

Jeff and Kat, thanks for taking us out to Chris Miller's new restaurant. And thanks so much for the Japanese phrase books - they've come in so handy!


Matt and Liz, thanks for the opportunity to take part in your special day. Enjoy the hell out of your newlywed year - it goes by fast, so make every day a special one!


And believe it or not, a couple of GW shipmates came to the big party. Bill and Julie, we know how busy you are with Hendley; it meant so much to us that y'all stopped by!


Okay all, my English Teacher of a wife told me I had to have a closing statement, so consider this it....so until we blog again, you'll continue to be in our hearts and prayers - God Bless each of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool blogs with awesome pictures. Make sure to keep up with it so that we can see all the adventures. Anyway, you may have kicked our butts in Project Gotham Racing...but I DOMINATED at Fuzion Frenzy!!! Let's set that record straight. But as for everything else, it was especially sad for us that you left. I have no sushi buddies or DVD buddies...or CSI buddies!!! I don't have anyone to laugh with when I see Horatio Kane say his stupid one-liners! But anyway, I miss you both and I can't wait for my trip over to JAPAN!!! :) See you soon. Take care over there. That rhymed. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

sweet job ate ceep up da gud wurk i luv u so mooch.i miss u badlie! kan u help me me with my gramer.there ain't nobody bettur dan u ! sweet thang!!!!!!!!!


luv,
josh

p.s.
da best brader
in da wurld